Before and After Favorites

Friday, January 27, 2012

I built my own bookshelf all finished!

Before Pic: ha ha Best before ever, right??
AFTER:
 This is all part of the massive project of organizing my WHOLE house! The bonus room is almost done! I'm so excited to show you the final product. The kids and I had a blast organizing these. Let's be honest, I organized and sorted the toys, they helped me laminate (my hubby bought me a mini laminator for Christmas, it's awesome!) and cut out pictures to tape on the bins. Then we practiced putting the toys away in the right spots. I love that they know just by looking at the pictures!
I bought the cute bins at ikea. The reason I chose these bookshelves is because the bins are bigger than average. I needed something that would fit all of them. I have 6 more bins waiting for me to finish the other bookshelf. I'm so happy with how they turned out. What do you think??

Oh and if you want the plans, here they are! Ana White is AMAZING! I altered them a tiny bit, but they are great! If you plan to build your own, a couple tips: Pre-drill the pine boards so they don't split and don't drill too close to the edges. Also make sure to sink your screws so you can putty them and hide them well. I also only used 1 5/8" screws instead of two different sizes. If you have any questions, let me know!

http://ana-white.com/2010/01/creative-guest-knock-off-wood-bookcases.html

I have a couple more projects lined up, once I finished a few in my garage. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment