Before and After Favorites

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Valentine's Re-do

I know I just finished my Valentine's decorations, but after looking at them for a few days, I decided they kind of stunk. ha ha. Then one of my favorite bloggers did a post on her Valentine's decor and I copied a couple of her projects and completely changed my decor. It looks MUCH better. (PS, the fave blogger is about to have her 5th baby and then she'll be up and blogging again and I'll do a feature post on her, she's the queen of crafting!) So here are a few of the changes I made.

 This cute hanging wreath is one I copied. Cost me $4 from the Dollar Store. Ribbon and 3 wreaths. I already had the burlap.

 Lined this frame with burlap and added a couple hearts I already had.
 Picked up some branches off our yard, added a little white paint and some Dollar Store doily hearts.
 Cute $1 from Target with chocolates.
My cute friend Morgan gave me this bird for Christmas. It became my Valentine bird. ;)
SO much better, don't you think???? I love the huge white mirror and the wreath accentuates just the way I wanted it to.
Why didn't I decorate with pink in the first place? After all it is my favorite color..
 Then I did the craziest thing and made a banner. And no, I don't have a cricut or a silhouette. CRAZY, I know. I actually just wrote some freehand letters, cut them out and glued them onto some Dollar Store doily hearts and burlap. Total thing cost me $2.


 Notice my bare fireplace mantel? Why is it that I can decorate my buffet, but I can NEVER seem to decorate my mantel cute. I don't know why I struggle SO much with it. Time to find some ideas..
I think I'm all done decorating for Valentine's Day now. Feels much better!




3 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! I really love the banner on the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm too lazy to decorate for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Awarded you the Versatile Blogger award over at www.portobelloroadnw.blogspot.com. Love your blog Tonya!

    ReplyDelete