Before and After Favorites

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Antique Vintage Chair in White

 This chair was inspired by a chair on Pretty Little Liars (don't judge, I get bored and my husband's gone a lot ;) Anyway, if you've seen it, look at the chair in Hannah's bedroom. The first time I saw it I LOVED the lines, the white, all of it. I've kept my eye out for something like it ever since. I don't get the chance to go thrift shopping very much now that Luke's in school, but occasionally I'll pop into Goodwill and today I found this beauty.
 Ok, let's be honest. My photography skills are really lacking. I'm saving up to buy a Canon Rebel T3i. I want to learn as much as I can about photography, but it's going to take some time! I love how the chair turned out though! I re-did it to go with the desk I have yet to make-over. It will come.. Anyway, here it is! I painted it white and distressed it, then reupholstered the seat with some fabric I bought a year and a half ago. Oh vintage, how i love you!
 The detail on the back of the chair is what I love the most.
 If it seems like I'm getting a lot done lately, it's because I've now joined the land of the living before 9 am. It's amazing how much I can get done in a day now. I never thought I'd enjoy waking up early (ok, I don't enjoy the waking up part) but it's been great to get so much done!!
 Don't you love this fabric??
And one last picture. Don't judge the yellow grass. We don't have sprinklers and as soon as it starts raining again it will be beautiful green. ;) Hope you like this little makeover!

2 comments:

  1. That is so fun! I really love seeing your hobby in action. I bet your house is magnificent! I need some help in that category for sure!

    ReplyDelete