Before and After Favorites

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Perfect Dresser

 I can't believe I didn't take a before pic of this dresser! It looked the same as the nightstand below..
Anyway, I bought this to redo and sell. And of course, fell in love. So when I buy furniture or accessories, I don't buy anything I wouldn't mind keeping. Half the time I end up keeping it because I can't part with it, and half the time I sell it. I know, I'm crazy. For 5 nights in a row, I'd lay in bed and try to come up with a price for this dresser. After 5 nights, I came to the realization that there wasn't a chance in heck I was going to sell it. I HAD to keep it. I couldn't even come up with a high enough price!! Honestly, if I could design furniture, I'd design this dresser, and how often do you come across a piece of furniture like that?? I think the only reason I'm good at this, is because I LOVE furniture. Seriously, each piece becomes like a puppy to me. I think I should have been a furniture designer. The only problem is that I'd buy everything I designed...Back to the dresser! I had to paint it white, I am in love with white. When Jake and I first got married, our WHOLE HOUSE was black. Literally, black couches, black accessories, black tables..One day I said I'm drowning in black, and I painted everything white or sold it and bought white. I don't think I can ever go back..
 I love this picture frame! I'll put a pic in it, but I love it.. And of course, I love the dark walnut top...

 This is my DREAM hardware. This dresser wouldn't be the same if even ONE piece was missing. This hardware is AMAZING! Have you ever seen hardware like this???? Seriously???
 The detail. Oh how I love detail. I know it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me! I love the curvy lines and the pretty turns. I'm so happy to get to look at this dresser every day!

Sigh...True love...
And yes, I am a dork and I belong in a furnitures addicted anonymous club. I'm aware of the problem. The saddest part is that painting season is over here. The rain has begun. I don't know what I'm going to do! I'll figure out a way to do it...
PS, I'm still debating doing a LIGHT glaze on it. Any thoughts? I keep going back and forth.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to buy another one of your pieces! I sold my table- so if you find something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dresser is gorgeous! Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete