Before and After Favorites

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Our Master Bedroom & a Dresser

 Remember this before pic? This is the (Ugh, I just looked up and my daughter was coloring on a dresser with marker, this is a daily occurence BLAH!) Anyway, this is the sister dresser to the one in our Family Room.
 AFTER! I wanted it to have a much softer feel and to coordinate with my bedroom, so I decided to paint the hardware white and antique it also. It gives it a much softer feel, don't you think?
 I am a smitten kitten with this hardware. Seriously, I could go on and on about it.
 I even love these little guys. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
 I was telling a friend last night 80% of painting furniture is choosing the right colors for what you're wanting. I spend a LOT of time thinking about colors before I'll even touch something.
 So pretty... PS nothing I do is perfect, but it's perfect for me. If you don't like it, I'm okay with it, because I love it.
 I've been trying to add more tans and browns into my room. I'm really drawn to neutrals lately, and wanted a more neutral feeling room with hints of color.
 I found these candleholders at Goodwill for $10 (for all three!) I don't post prices of furniture on here, but I'm happy to post accessories. Anyway, they were an ugly cherry colored brown, so white they went..
 I slapped this sign together, literally. I barely even painted it and sanded it. I needed more texture in the room so I decided to add burlap.
 I love this picture frame. I just lined it with burlap too.
 I am obsessed with flowers, candles, picture frames and mirrors. It's very apparent in my bedroom.
 I love all the tall trees in our yard.
 This nightstand is part of the original bedroom set I bought.
 These candleholders were also from Goodwill ($6 for both) candles from the dollar store, sweet. Oh they were brassy gold, but not in a pretty way.
 I love my bed, big and soft. The bedding is from Kohls, the tan ruffle pillow from TJ Maxx, the white furry one from Kohls.
 This nightstand is the one piece I didn't sell. I decided it would be perfect in my room. Glad I kept it. The Jewelry box is from Goodwill ($4) it was an ugly cherry color. I need to remove the hardware on the nightstand and paint it white.
 I wanted a rustic shappy chic feel. Does this even exist? I don't know. But that's what i was aiming for, kind of. :)

 I love this picture of Christ and of the Sacred Grove. I bought these from Seagull Book. They're the first things I look at in the morning and the last things before I go to bed..
 This dresser was also part of the main set. The kids and I love watching a movie in my bed before we go to sleep.
 The revised gallery wall. This is the second one I've done in here. Sigh.. I hope it's the last. I love family pictures! I can't wait to get more in the Spring.
 This little mirror is my favorite find from Goodwill, ($4) it was originally silver, I love it!
 This mirror is also from Goodwill, it was a pain in the ars to paint, ha ha. It was gold leaf, no joke. Not real gold leaf, but still, such a pain. I loved the detail though and had to have it in my room.
There's my room! What do you think?

 I almost forgot! Remember the ugly green Wal-Mart special curtains I had before? I was asking my friend Jeni what to do with them and she said "floor length curtains". I'm so glad I listened! I found these brown curtains at TJ Maxx, they look SOOO much better. I love Emery's short length curtains in her room, but floor length add SO Much to mine! I had a cute black curtain rod, so I p ainted it white and the curtain holders..

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the floor length curtains in the bedroom, I am looking for some right now for our bedroom. I'll have to check TJMaxx. And the room looks amazing! Good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top dresser is my favorite so far. I wish I would have seen it earlier!

    ReplyDelete