Before and After Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A new/old treasure


I went to Goodwill (shocker) with Shelley last night and didn't find anything! Which is a first for me. Then, when we were about to leave, I peeked at the books and found a 1960's copy of GONE WITH THE WIND! WHAT???? YES! Amazing! I LOVE Gone With the Wind. Confession: I'm the biggest nerd, ok, you all know that already. I have the whole set of collectors edition model barbies for Gone With the Wind. I would save all my babysitting money as a teenager to buy them. Funny, huh? This treasure now sits on my buffet with another treasure. When I was just a little girl, my parents gave me a copy of Little Women (another true love of mine), I have 3 sisters close in age (and 2 younger sisters) and my mom took us for a girls night out to see the movie Little Women and we couldn't stop talking about how we were just like them, and of course, I'm Beth, the sweet one that dies. Awesome. So many precious memories for me. I've kept this book safe for YEARS. Now I get to look at both of them daily. Love....
Anyone else have memories like this?

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! GWTW has been my favorite book since I first read it when I was 12, and my favorite movie. I used to have those barbies, but I didn't take good care of mine. I love old books. I've found a couple of really cool first edition books at a yard sale, and one of them had some old Japanese money in it.

    ReplyDelete